Frustrated with your unfinished music? Well, your dream of effortlessly finishing songs can become your reality with Ray's song-whispering method, exclusively taught in these online courses!
“Whatever genre you're into, if you struggle to finish music, this apprenticeship is for you! You'll learn my secret song-whispering method that enables you to make new sections, transition between them, and complete your songs.”
— Ray Harmony (Teacher)
“Song-whispering may be the single greatest concept ever! You have no idea how much it has freed me up from self-judgement and self-limitation in music, and in life.”
— Glynne Owen (Apprentice)
“Song-whispering is a learnable thing, officially! I have dreamt for years about having this much control and awareness in my songwriting.”
— Mark Rose (Apprentice)
- Join 1,000+ apprentices from 60+ countries, who are all learning Ray's ultimate hack: Song-Whispering (100% exclusive to our apprenticeship!)
- Ray's Secret Art of Song-Whispering will empower you to effortlessly finish your songs, resulting in the surreal sensation that your music is writing itself!
- Rare, one-of-a-kind opportunity to watch unedited footage of a master songwriter creating a whole song, and teaching all the theory he uses in every step
- Topics include: how to write a new section for an existing section, how to transition between sections, how to structure and arrange (for more topics, see Episodes below)
- Both courses contain: many hours of video with exclusive hacks, multitrack MIDI file, Hack Music Theory (Part 1) eBook, Songwriting & Producing PDF
- Level: Apprenticeship #1 is for beginner to intermediate songwriters/producers, while Apprenticeship #2 is for advanced songwriters/producers
- The learning platform is multi-device friendly, so you can keep these exclusive hacks in your pocket, and do our course on the move
- There is no deadline, so you can learn stress-free at your own pace, and your one-time payment buys you permanent access to the course
- Gain access* to our Apprentice Network, a private social network for apprentices only, with a free app for iOS/Android (for more, see Network below)
- Get your hands on Ray's secrets now, and transform yourself into a confident & creative music maker overnight, well... if you binge-watch ;)
Ready to finish your songs?
#1 Episodes (17 hours)
- Introduction, overview, how your music can write itself, etc.
- Conceptualizing, starting a song, vocal hook, etc. (Chorus)
- Counterpoint vocal harmony, scratch vocals, etc. (Chorus)
- Bass line, counterpoint, tension & resolution, etc. (Chorus)
- Drum beat, bass line, keyboard harmonies, etc. (Chorus)
- Song-whispering, transitioning, new section, etc. (Verse)
- Lead & backing vocal melodies, variations, etc. (Verse)
- Bass line, drum beat, vocal counterpoint, etc. (Verse)
- New section, transitioning, structuring, etc. (Pre-Chorus)
- Another new section, ways to modulate, etc. (Post-Chous)
- Another new section, polymeter, transitions, etc. (Bridge)
- Bass line, non-diatonic notes, vocal melodies, etc. (Bridge)
- Structuring, arranging, energy, instruments, finishing, etc.
- Lyrics, how to fit lyrics to melodies, recording vocals, etc.
#2 Episodes (35 hours)
- Introduction, conceptualizing, song-whispering, instruments, etc.
- Polymeter, rhythm for vocal lines, bass line, drum beat, etc. (Verse)
- Asking your song, realistic drum beat & fill, pick a mode, etc. (Verse)
- Song-screaming, finish bass, start counterpoint vocals, etc. (Verse)
- Game-changing polymeter hack, Phrygian counterpoint, etc. (Verse)
- Two chord progressions for two melodies in two modes, etc. (Verse)
- New section, octatonic scale, odd time signature, bass line, etc. (Pre)
- Transitioning, scales hiding in scales, counterpoint, drums, etc. (Pre)
- Chords, seamless chordal transitioning, melodic variations, etc. (Pre)
- One hack for any & all modulations, sketching transitions, etc. (Pre)
- Growing songs organically, writing with no scale/mode, etc. (Chorus)
- Your song’s wants vs. needs, temporary modulations, etc. (Chorus)
- Melodic variations but without changing notes, drums, etc. (Chorus)
- Sounds like a song, structuring, counterpoint to chords, etc. (Chorus)
- “Holy Trinity” of music, arranging, where/how to bridge, etc. (Bridge)
- Broaden your music’s horizons, 12 tone method, big riff, etc. (Bridge)
- Lead melody over note-row bass line, explosive drums, etc. (Bridge)
- Making a note-row sound like a key, 4-part harmony, etc. (Bridge)
- Melody like no other, 3-part counterpoint like no other, etc. (Bridge)
- Harmonizing a melody with something totally different, etc. (Bridge)
- Varying to create the evolution of a melody, transition, etc. (Bridge)
- Irrational time signature, big finale, finishing the song, etc. (Ending)
- Make or break, structuring & arranging for maximum retention, etc.
- Arranging rhythm section (bass & drums), flow, energy curve, etc.
- Final structure, arrange all the other instruments, signing off, etc.
Gain access* to our exclusive Apprentice Network, a space to:
- Connect with your fellow apprentices
- Ask your classmates theory questions
- Share your new music with each other
- Get feedback from around the world
- Collaborate with like-minded people
"I really enjoy the interactions in the Network. Apprentices share their works-in-progress often, and have the right attitude: they're open-minded, positive, helpful, and some are very funny too. It's like a family but without the drama!"
–François Lalonde (Montréal, Canada)